Rich Kelly and I birded Jones Beach Field 6 to Robert Moses, to Point Lookout
and back to Field 6. Our chance meeting was a result of West End II closed off
for a running event and it was at Field 6, we decided to join forces in search
of Lesser Black-backed Gulls (LBBGs)

We started off rather slowly but in the end, totaled 18 LBBGs that were studied
and documented well. Keeping in mind that some age class can be speculative due
to the variation in molt, we came up with the following age distribution: 1
juvenile, 6 second calendar-year, 8 third calendar-year (arguably a few here
could be considered A3CYC) and 3 fourth calendar-year.

Additionally, Paul Sweet reported 7 LBBGs
at Davis Park.  Yet another site on Long Island where these birds are showing
up.

At the West Marina, an estimated 250 Red Knots along with a few Dunlins, Rudy
Turnstones and 1 Short-billed Dowitcher were observed.

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire