Joe Giunta and I(Sy Schiff)  birded Gardiner Co. Park, Suffolk Co. this
morning. No migrants were found, but the walk to the marsh was a delightful
expanse of singing, breeding birds. At the marsh, to our left were 4 SALTMARSH
SPARROWS; to our right 3 SEASIDE SPARROWS. Just before the marsh, a WILLOW
FLYCATCHER was singing high in the trees.

    Shorebirds were few but included SEMIPALMATED PLOVER, LEAST SANDPIPER,
WILLET and GREATER YELLOWLEGS. A lone GREAT EGRET was in the marsh. A pair of
OSPREY were in the air.

    YELLOW WARBLERS were everywhere. (Joe counted 14--could have been more);
vireos consisted of WARBLING, RED-EYED and WHITE-EYED;
flycatchers--GREAT-CRESTED and WILLOW; woodpeckers--DOWNY, HAIRY and
RED-BELLIED.There was RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD, HOUSE WREN, CEDAR WAXWING,
BLACK-and-WHITE WARBLER and a number of COMMON YELLOWTHROATS among other birds.

    A delightful morning.  Sy