From: Celeste Morien [mailto:celeste.mor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 2:13 PM
To: geneseebirds-googlegr...@geneseo.edu; geneseebird...@geneseo.edu
Subject: [geneseebirds-googlegroup] Anna’s Hummingbird!!!

Hello Birding Friends,

This morning about 8:00, a hummingbird appeared at our backyard feeder.
Thinking it wasn’t a Rufous I didn’t consider any other possibilities than
Ruby-throated. I got decent photos of the bird about 8:40.

Well, about two hours later, Jim Pawlicki saw my photos and said it was an
ANNA’S HUMMINGBIRD! Jim, Andy and Willie have been here and carefully checked
the photos on the computer and waited for the bird but it has not shown.
They’ve left now. I am going to keep a vigil here especially towards evening
and early tomorrow morning.  If the bird shows I will immediately get the word
out. It’s so disappointing that it has not shown!

I am happy to have visitors but I’d hate to have people driving long distances
only to be disappointed.

Celeste Morien
Medina, New York
celeste.mor...@gmail.com