The adult Black-headed Gull was at the Orchard Beach lagoon and last seen by us
at a little before 10:30am when it flew north towards New Rochelle.

Pelham Bay, Bronx list this morning (Nov. 2) on a rising and high tide:

Canada Goose
Gadwall - marsh on Bartow-Pell side of the lagoon
Mallard - several at Turtle Cove
American Black Duck - around 20
Green-winged Teal - 15 in marsh on Bartow-Pell side of lagoon
Bufflehead - pair marsh on Bartow-Pell side of the lagoon
Dunlin - 2 Orchard Beach parking lot puddle
Greater Yellowlegs - 2 Orchard Beach parking lot (one landed in puddle)
Black-headed Gull - adult Orchard Beach lagoon (Deb, photos by Bob)
Laughing Gull - around 10 including 2 juveniles Orchard Beach parking lot &
lagoon
Ring-billed Gull - 75-100 Orchard Beach parking lot & lagoon
Herring Gull - not many
Great Black-backed Gull - 10 Orchard Beach parking lot
Common Loon - Orchard Beach lagoon
Double-crested Cormorant - 18-20 Orchard Beach lagoon
Snowy Egret - 4 Turtle Cove
Great Egret - 4
Osprey - hatch-year Orchard Beach Lagoon & Turtle Cove
Red-tailed Hawk - overhead
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Tufted Titmouse
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 5 or 6
House Finch - 6-8
Nelson's Sparrow - 2 marsh on Bartow-Pell side of lagoon
Song Sparrow - 15-10
Swamp Sparrow - 5-10
White-throated Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird - several groups of 2 or 3
Orange-crowned Warbler - Orchard Beach lagoon (Bob)
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 10-15

We did not relocate the Wilson's Snipe Bob photographed yesterday (Nov. 1).

On Saturday Oct. 29 while the assembled crowd was waiting for a glimpse of the
LeConte's Sparrow a flock of 55-60 Wood Ducks flew over.

Robert DeCandido, PhD & Deborah Allen