My computer was out getting repaired by The Geek Squad since 5/3/18, and
only got it back at 1900 tonight. Among the 250 + emails waiting on me was
one from Hannah Mirando, from the 4th. It seems that she and her Dad were
heading east to do some birding at The Point when Hannah's attention was
drawn to some birds heading toward them. Before they flew over heading west
(the last time the birds were seen) the kite's size, in comparison to
another one in the group, a Red-tailed Hawk , color, body shape and deep
forked tail were well seen by Hannah and her Dad (Mike). Stopping as quick
as possible, and then jumping out of the car, frustration was the only
thing in sight.

 For those who don't know Hannah, I can only share my knowledge of her
birding background and skills. She lives in Montauk, is, I believe, a
senior at East Hampton H.S., has been a member of the New York State Young
Birders Club for a number of years, and has served as its President. The
YBC has produced many outstanding birders (Hope Batcheller, Brent Bomkamp,
Brendan Fogarty, Benjamin Van Doren and Michael McBrien to name a few) and
I can tell you Hannah is right up there with them !

Cheers,
Bob