To add another layer to the aging confusion, while also tying into the ROST
banding conversation - here are two banded Roseate Terns I have recently
encountered at Nickerson.  I have now received reports from both of them.
They were both banded as chicks, one on Great Gull Island, one in
Connecticut, and both in 2016.  I think anyone reading this conversation
who encountered them in the field would call them adults by plumage, but by
the terms defined, they are both second summers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129132563@N05/27955753537/in/
dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129132563@N05/28846030558/in/
dateposted-public/