An unexpected turn of events led to an outstanding Tern day at Breezy Point
Queens.

In total, I had 4 (yes...you are reading this correctly) ARCTIC TERNS.

Two 1st Summer and two 2nd Summer types. With one 2nd Summer bird more advanced
than the other.   I uploaded a few phone scoped photos and provided links for
those interested.

Not since a few summers ago when I had 5-6... perhaps more, Arctic Terns at
Moriches have I had such fun.

It required a lot of patience but after spotting one 1st Summer bird Arctic
feeding offshore, I settled in and tried my best to track the Terns that cycled
through.

There were good numbers of Roseate Terns as well. A total of 15 birds with 11
on the beach at one time while the others were feeding offshore.

Eleven 1st Summer Common Terns were good study candidates along with few
similarly aged Forster’s Terns.

https://flic.kr/p/JRkaER

https://flic.kr/p/278vzjt

https://flic.kr/p/LnkUgq

https://flic.kr/p/27pGcU5

https://flic.kr/p/28qN7BJ

https://flic.kr/p/28qN7BJ

https://flic.kr/p/27pGcVC

https://flic.kr/p/25Kdzf9

https://flic.kr/p/LnkUgq

https://flic.kr/p/25Kdzm

Cheers,

“I don’t meditate, silence is golden though” ~ Nasir Bin Olu Dara Jones
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire