Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) started at the South end of the East Pond. There
is a flat that you can walk out on. In the water, 25 + SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS
were feeding in the water close up. Mixed in and a bit on the periphery were 2
WESTERN SANDPIOPERS and 4 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS. On the mud flat just beyond
were 3 LEAST SANDPIPERS. There were 10 BLUE-WINGED TEAL aways back  in the
water. Other species but no Godwits seen, so we left for the North end.

It’s underwater. Knee boots required. STILT SANDPIPER and 3 SHORT-BILLED
DOWITCHERS feeding at the entrance. The HUDSONIAN GODWIT (they’re large) can be
seen from the entrance with a scope. Joe walked up to the cove where the
Godwits were (12-15-inches deep in places) and saw the WILSON’S PHALAROPE.  No
Marble this morning.
Sy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10