The GCSP made several appearances at the usual locations this morning.

The first stop, at around 8 AM was the bushy brush on the north side of
River Road at the intersection of Depot Street.

It then flew over the the porch and adjacent shrubs in the yard of 44 Depot
Street.

Unfortunately, a noisy pick-up truck pulled into the adjacent driveway,
spooking everything out of the yard.

The sparrow stayed away for about 45 minutes, then refound under the
shrubbery the next door yard.

After that, the sparrow made infrequent appearances up until around noon,
after which I don't think it had been seen (although there may not have
been anyone looking in the afternoon).

River Road is surprisingly busy with town highway department trucks coming
and going to the garage just west of Depot Street. These are huge trucks
with bigger snowplows on them. It would be wise to give them plenty of room
by not parking on River Road (as requested in one of the initial posting
about the sparrow), Also, some of the residents on Depot Street are showing
signs of wear. So, please remember to not park on Depot street and do not
take liberties with movement and positioning on Depot Street. As a
reminder, parking is down on Bridge Street (just past the old, 1736,
cemetery by the neat, 1854, covered bridge).

As a side note, I went to the pancake breakfast at the firehouse (it was a
fundraiser for the family - wife, two kids -  of one of the young men in
town who was fatally injured in a work accident). The town folk there were
extremely friendly and everyone I spoke with knew about the famous sparrow.
Some even had pictures of it on their cellphones.

The neighbors are faithfully putting seed and suet cakes out for the birds,
much of which was donated by Lance and visiting birders. So if the
White-throats are happy, the Golden-crown should stick around.

FWIW: There is a motel (Downsville Motel) right on the corner of River
Road, just down from Depot Street.

Good Luck if you get to go.

Rich

--