Thanks Joshua.
Every March in Connecticut we have five to ten or twenty thousand or more
gulls surface-feeding in Long Island Sound waters, a mile or more offshore.

We are trying to find similar offshore events elsewhere on the US East
Coast, and to learn more about what is driving them.

If you are aware of similar large-scale events please let us know.

Tom Robben.
Research Chair.
Connecticut Ornithological Association.