The earliest I could check on the White-tailed Deer carcass today was 1800.
Just as I pulled over to park, a Red-tailed Hawk parked itself next to the
deer. A moment later it was actively feeding on it...or at least, was
trying to !  I say this because, after just a couple of minutes the bird
took off. I immediately looked skyward, expecting to see at least 1 Bald
Eagle descending to reclaim its cache - but that was not the case !
Bringing the deer back into focus, I couldn't help but see 3 bare rib-bones
pointing upwards, with bits of fur on the other parts of the body that were
visible to me. Before leaving, a 2nd Red-tail flew-by, but did not seem
interested in the deer.

Cheers,
Bob
P.S...En-route to the above, I had a single Turkey Vulture fly over the
Middle Road/Osborn Ave/Horton Ave traffic circle...could it have been
"Lonesome George" ?