Apparently it is an intentional policy of ebird not to provide email addresses
of posters.

I think this is a TERRIBLE policy.  On several occasions I have wanted to
contact the poster about a reported bird.
The policy should be changed to display email address as the default.  If
someone wants to hide theirs, OK, that could be an option.   And, yes, of
course I would display mine, just as I am doing now.

Evidently some people think that listserves like this one are obsolete, in
favor of ebird.  Without the ability to contact the poster of a record, I think
ebird is far less useful than a listserve.
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY