Apparently due to the ponding on the golf course from all the rain,
electric carts were not allowed on the course and this discouraged a lot
of golfers from coming. There were some walking the course when I left
at 7:30 but many fewer than expected.

That said, the bird flew off and did not return as of 9:00 (last news I
have). I would not give up on it though, and any news positive or
negative would be appreciated as there are folks coming from 5+ hours
away to try for it.

If you do try for it, please, please, park in the parking lot by the
clubhouse or at the marsh and not along the roadway, and please, please
do not walk onto the course. Viewing has been good from the roadway and
upper lot, and we want to maintain a good rapport with the golfers and
the cops.

On the marsh at the end of the road there are a variety of shorebirds,
Glossy Ibis, and a few singing Seaside Sparrows among the usual
denizens.

Patricia Lindsay
Bay Shore