https://www.allaboutbirds.org/vanishing-1-in-4-birds-gone/

The shape of the curve on the graphic in the above article is very intriguing
to me. It starts with a steep decline in the first couple of decades and
plateaued toward the last few years.
The curve suggests that more than 75% of birds losses happened in the first 25
years (betwween 1970 and 1995) and less than 25% of the losses took place in
the last 25 years(from 1995 to present).
The fact that habitat loss, climate changes and other adverse environmental
changes are worse in the last 25 years compared to the previous period suggests
other factors are at play to slow down the decline of the total population.
Does anyone have any explanation for this contradiction?

Sent using Zoho Mail

 ---- On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 07:18:43 -0400 Anne Swaim <annesw...@gmail.com> wrote
----