A Baird’s Sandpiper was found by John Sep yesterday, in the sod field along the
west side of Duck Pond Rd, Cutchogue (north “extension” of Depot Rd, north of
Sound Ave.). The bird was seen by others yesterday, as well as this morning.
This AM, the bird - as well as other shorebirds, were found at the northern end
of the field, on the dirt edge of the recently cut sod.  Easily seen with
binoculars.  When spooked by a low flying RT Hawk, most of the birds, including
the Baird’s, flew, but then returned to the same area.  We saw the flock -
9:05-9:45AM, and all were there, feeding, when we left.

Eileen Schwinn
Mike Higgiston