Things have ticked up a bit at the Nighthawk Watch after a slow period:

September 25th - 53 nighthawks

September 26th - 42 nighthawks

September 27th - 61 nighthawks

We have passed the 2,000 mark with a total of 2,019 nighthawks having been seen
in 2020. We have nine more days to go.

In past years the totals have been:

2017-2046 nighthawks

2018-2018 nighthawks

2019-2757 nighthawks

Last night the birds were actively feeding and provided prolonged views at
relatively low heights. A group of nighthawks to our south, varying between
half a dozen to fifteen birds, fed for 45 minutes before moving on.

John Turner

Stone Bridge Nighthawk Watch

Directions: Long Island Expressway to Nicolls Road (Exit 62). Take Nicolls Road
north to the end where it intersects State Route 25A. Make a right heading east
on 25A. Make left at first light onto Main Street. Take this north to end where
it forms a t-intersection. Look to left and you'll see the stone bridge
crossing over water. Make a right and immediately find a parking space on the
road across from or near the old Setauket Post Office.