FREE and open to all!

Join the Linnaean Society of New York for its 7pm, 12/8 Zoom presentation,
“Birdsong for the Curious Naturalist,” by Donald Kroodsma, Ph.D.

Have you ever asked, “What bird is making that sound?”  Once you are attuned to
their song, every singing bird becomes interesting. From flycatcher to warbler,
including even our common American Robins, they all have something to delight
the listening ear.
Dr. Donald Kroodsman, birdsong scientist and widely published author on the
topic, we help us better understand and marvel in songs and calls, female song,
song learning and dialects, mimicry, matched counter-singing and
counter-calling, night singing, complex songs, repertoires, and dawn singing.
Kroodsman’s most recent book (2020), Birdsong for the Curious Naturalist, is a
basic, how-to guide that teaches anyone—from beginner to advanced birder—how to
listen.
For details and to register:  https://bit.ly/LSNYDecZoom
<https://bit.ly/LSNYDecZoom>

Kathleen Matthews, on behalf of LSNY