Some advice to today's seekers.

I've been on the pilgrimage four times.  The first two without luck, the second
two with good luck.  The last two times, it seems that the bird has become
fairly predictable.  It is first seen from Celery or Onion around 8:30 perched
in trees.  It is usually pretty far from the observer.  Between then and around
12:30 it is seen soaring, flying, or perched on the ground in the middle of a
big field.  Cedar Swamp Road and Celery Road overlook the same vast fields.
Onion is slightly to the west and, looking east from there, one sees some field
and some trees for the bird to perch in.  A good scope is essential.

Your best hope for a really good view is that you'll find the bird in a field
or tree and it will take off and fly very close to you.  Good luck!

Apparently it has not been seen recently from Pierce or Lynch.  Also, it is
hard to find after about 1:00.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Bob Lewis

--
Richard Guthrie