Hello all,

Speaking of tracking vagrants, I'm sure you will all remember a few
weeks ago the reports of a young brown pelican that was flying up,
then down the Hudson River?  Well, this was in the 'good news' section
of a daily COVID Newsletter  that New York State issues daily, dated
05 Feb (my sisters subscribe,  and forwarded to me),  I make no
conclusions if its the same bird:

Tonight's "Deep Breath Moment": After a pelican got lost and ended up
in the cold waters of Connecticut, a local flying club helped the bird
find its way south. Pelicans are seldom seen north of Virginia, so it
was a surprise when a pelican was found, half-frozen and injured, in a
Connecticut marina—perhaps having been blown too far north in a storm.
Fortunately, the pelican, named Arvay, was rescued and given care that
saved its life. A pilot at a Connecticut flying club then flew the
bird to Florida in her small plane. "I just love animals and do
anything I can to help animals, so when I saw this and saw he needed
to get to his new home, I figured why not help out," said the pilot,
Arianna Strand. Arvay is now recovering at the Busch Wildlife
Sanctuary in Jupiter, Florida.

  (Shai, Karen, I'm not sure i can 'post' to the list so if this
doesnt show up there, feel free to post/paste it in yourselves)

Steve R.