Didn’t get a chance to post this yesterday, but after viewing the very cooperative phoebe (actually phoebes, since there were a few easterns around) at Caumsett St. Park, I wandered into an adjoining field and inadvertently flushed a woodcock out of the tall grass. Immediately after that a kestrel joined us and put on a show, flying back and forth from one side of the field to the other while calling loudly. There were also savannah sparrows galore. More than I’ve seen in one place before.

Coby Klein

Sent from Mail for Windows