Hello CBCers! If you are a CBC compiler/coordinator, please help me build an
accurate 2021/2022 Christmas Bird Count schedule for count participants, to
help get as many volunteers involved as possible. Now that November 15th has
passed, counts can be confirmed, and any counts submitted from now on for
inclusion on the calendar will NOT be marked TENTATIVE.  (Audubon's COVID rules
are pasted in at the bottom of this email)

If you have already given me the information for your count(s), THANK YOU!  All
"TENTATIVE" notations will be removed from NYSOA's online CBC calendar at
https://nybirds.org/ProjCBC.htm this Friday, November 19 -- unless I hear from
you that your count is still tentative.
Although the Audubon website will eventually have all the information on
individual counts, a lot of people still refer to the CBC calendar on the NYSOA
website at http://www.nybirds.org/ProjCBC.htm.
 All I need is the following information, which you can send by simply replying
to this email. Alternatively, you can fill out the form on the NYSOA website at
any time - go to http://www.nybirds.org/ProjCBC.htm and click on the link in
the turquoise-colored box at the top of the page.
Name of CBC circle
4-letter ID of CBC circle    CBC date Contact Name Contact email Contact phone
number  Thanks! Carena PoothNew York State Ornithological Association
(NYSOA)www.nybirds.orghttp://www.nysyoungbirders.org

Audubon's COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-22
============================
October 4, 2021

Audubon will fully support any compiler who decides to cancel their count for
this year. If a compiler would like to proceed with the CBC, ey must abide by
the guidelines below. Dear CBC Compilers, We hope this message finds you and
your loved ones well. We continue to experience unprecedented challenges with
COVID, and the most important thing is to ensure you and your volunteers’
health and safety.
Due to the continuing COVID19 outbreak, the122nd Christmas Bird Count has the
following requirements. Audubon is following the Centers for Disease Control
guidance which says the science suggests that outside there is very little risk
of transmission.
The two options for Christmas Bird Count compilers are as follows: Option 1:
Run a COVID-19 safe and socially distanced CBC, if local rules allow. [Must
wait until November 15 at the earliest to choose this option in order to better
understand status of COVID outbreak in your region during the CBC.] Option 2:
If option 1 is not possible, cancel this season’s CBC for your location. [Can
choose this option now if you wish.]
If you choose option 1, below are the guidelines that we urge you to follow:
1. Wait until November 15 at the earliest to confirm CBC will take place, if
local regulations allow.
2. Gatherings are at the discretion of the local compiler. We encourage
compilation gatherings be held outdoors if possible, but any plans for
gatherings should be done with safety for the health of participants as
paramount,  including wearing masks indoors and following local COVID
guidelines. 3.  Masking is required if social distancing is not possible while
in the field.
4. Carpooling may only occur within existing familiar or social “pod” groups.
5. Activities must comply with all current state and municipal COVID-19
guidelines.
6. Allow for flexibility as it is not possible to know individual or family
situations with respect to their home or family risks.

If you feel it is not safe to move forward with your CBC and choose option 2,
please know that Audubon fully supports your decision to cancel. The safety of
our compilers and community scientists will always be our top priority.
One note: There will be little to no impact on the scientific value of the
Christmas Bird Count by missing or altering a count season. So again, we urge
you to prioritize your safety and the safety of others when making your
decision.