Greeting to all with hope all are doing well.
first of all, I would like to thank Doug for this email alert.

I have been meaning to write this email for a while, because there is great
inconsistency in reporting rare birds to this list.
There are too many WhatsApp groups in the NYC area and many Twitter accounts,
but unfortunately, there is no mechanism to connect these groups and accounts
together. Sometimes, rare birds are reported to one of these groups/accounts
only and as a result, many birders miss out on seeing these rare birds in a
timely fashion.
On the other hand, many birders are not part of any of these groups/accounts
and only get their info through this list.

Everyone who is reading this email has joined this list in order to get a fast
alert on these birds and I think we all owe it to the rest of subscribers to
this list to report rare birds fast. It is a two-way street.

So, please everyone, after you share the info on your WhatsApp/Twitter account,
make an extra, very small, effort to share it here, so other birders can enjoy
these rare birds.

Thank you, all, for reading and enjoy the migration season.
Gus Keri

Sent using Zoho Mail

 ---- On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:19:14 -0400 Doug Gochfeld <fresha2...@gmail.com>
wrote ----