Interesting bird. Since I’m now on living on the other side of the Atlantic
and barely see anything other than Common Ringed and Little Ringed Plovers
it looks pretty good although it’s weirdly hard to age with the legs
turning orange, the breast band quite filled out, and the eye area /
forehead having that lack of juvenile fluffiness. It’s like a very advanced
juvenile but with features of an adult transitioning back into winter?
I don’t have a better candidate though, and qualify this with my shorebird
pay grade being *definitely* lower than yours ;)
Cheers
Dom.

www.antbirds.com
NYC +1 917 740 1945