Larry et al,The fact that so many are willing to travel so far to share in this
experience is a VERY strong argument for conservation, and should not be
ignored.  Lehman and others have produced positive economic impact studies
showing the benefit of a rarity showing up. While our carbon footprint is of
concern, I wish you would refrain from urinating on our parade, some of us get
a tremendous amount of joy experiencing nature, even if it means a epic journey
by car.  So don't fly for a vacation, because air travel is far worse than car
emissions and so on.  Or kill bird tourism too while you're at it.  I believe
your heart is in the right place, but we must still weigh the positives vs the
negatives. Apologies to any list members who found this message distasteful.
Arie Gilbert North Babylon NYPowerbirder, or at least still trying to be. Sent
from my T-Mobile 5G Device
-------- Original message --------From: Trachlar <trach...@gmail.com> Date:
11/18/22  12:24 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Willie D'Anna <dannapot...@roadrunner.com>
Cc: geneseebirds <geneseebird...@geneseo.edu>, Geneseebirds
<geneseebirds-googlegr...@geneseo.edu>, NYSBirds <NYSBirds-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] [GeneseeBirds-L] Limpkin - Niagara County Thank you
for updates and your efforts in rescuing this bird. I know Limpkin is a rarity
outside of FL but I still question the carbon footprint of driving 10 hours or
so (RT) to see a single bird to add to a State list. (I did notice a few folks
bussed up from NYC; very commendable.)  Now if you were vacationing in Buffalo
in mid November that’s a different story (on many fronts).  BestL. Trachtenberg
OssiningSent from my iPhoneOn Nov 18, 2022, at 12:15 PM, Willie D'Anna