I don't think I saw it reported on the statewide listserve yet that the male
cinnamon teal first found last week is still present and has been a bit more
cooperative since its rediscovery in the same location on Sunday.  The water
levels in the fields along Groveland Flats Road (Rte 258) between SR 36 and SR
63 are much lower than they were a week ago, and the birds are further
concentrated by the current ice cover.  The cinnamon teal was present today at
least until 130pm in the pocket of open water at the start of the taller corn
stubble on the south side of the road just east of the westernmost bridge.
There are hundreds of ducks massed in this opening and the edges of the ice so
the bird moves in and out of view regularly.

Michael R. Wasilco
Regional Wildlife Manager, Division of Fish and Wildlife

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
6274 E. Avon-Lima Rd., Avon, NY 14414
P: (585)226-5460 | F: (585) 226-6323 |
mike.wasi...@dec.ny.gov<mailto:mike.wasi...@dec.ny.gov>

www.dec.ny.gov<http://www.dec.ny.gov/> | [cid:image001.png@01D84379.F9189030]