I observed a Sandhill Crane pair at noon today along Route 30 in Tupper
Lake.  They were walking into the marsh where there was a nest last year -
the marsh is currently under the snow!  (Marsh by the bowling alley with a
viewing deck.)  I took a few photos (although not a great time of day for
photography) that I included in eBird at
https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S131988375 .  The male (larger bird) was
continuously displaying.  Sandhill Cranes have been nesting in Tupper Lake
every year now since 2016.  (First 6 years in the marsh between the Raquette
River and Simon Pond off Raquette River Dr. and last year for the first time
in the marsh off Route 30 by the bowling alley.)  They return in late March
each year when we still have winter weather conditions.

Joan Collins

Long Lake, NY