I apologize in advance if some of you find these emails too intrusive/pervasive. However, I received a number of inquiries asking whether access to West End, extended to the weekend through Monday.

As a result, I followed up with NYS Parks again on Twitter and they just confirmed that access includes the weekend. Please see tweet here with the confirmation https://twitter.com/nystateparks/status/1662188574702198784?s=46&t=yCd8zvCt5vAwEYLwhkC5ww

Given that there is an air show at Jones Beach this weekend, keep this email thread handy just in case you need to show that access was confirmed.

Have a blessed Memorial Day Weekend!

--------
“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves could free our mind.” ~ Bob Marley

“Tenderness and Kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution” ~ Khalil Gibran

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

(\__/)
(= '.'=)
(") _ (")
Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

Just now Jennifer-Wilson Pines shared a screenshot showing George Gorman from Parks, conceding the entry denial to West End this morning was in error.

I am unable to post the image here but it is available at this link which I tweeted. Use the image to show anyone who stops you from gaining entry to West End. https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1662148316241575946?s=46&t=yCd8zvCt5vAwEYLwhkC5ww

It takes a village. Big up to all who took the time to sort this out and massive thank you to Jennifer in sharing her response from George quickly.

Cheers,

--------
“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves could free our mind.” ~ Bob Marley

“Tenderness and Kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution” ~ Khalil Gibran

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

(\__/)
(= '.'=)
(") _ (")
Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

For those of you thinking of twitching. Please be aware that there has been a situation where some birders were denied entry to West End this morning. Apparently, the person manning the toll booth indicated that a fishing pass was required. A few of us have taken up the charge to get this sorted out. As it was reported that even Empire Pass holders were being denied entry.

Darlene, shared that she got around the mess by quickly getting a fishing license - see link - (https://decals.east.licensing.app/ ). Returned to the site with a fishing pole in tow and was able to gain entry. The latest in this sorry state of affairs is that I got NY State Parks to publicly state on Twitter (https://twitter.com/nystateparks/status/1662113576436355072?s=46&t=yCd8zvCt5vAwEYLwhkC5ww ) that they are looking into the issue and will update me with a status as soon as the LI regional office provides an explanation. Hopefully, it is sorted out in our favor soon.

Cheers,

--------
“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves could free our mind.” ~ Bob Marley

“Tenderness and Kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution” ~ Khalil Gibran

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

(\__/)
(= '.'=)
(") _ (")
Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#613) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [birdingd...@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_