I was joined by Karlo Mirth a few minutes into an afternoon hike on the
North End of the East Pond at JBWR.  Together we scanned the few birds that
were available.  Although we had a few Plovers to look at, we could not turn
one into an American Golden-Plover...they all turned out to be Black-bellied
Plovers.

Of note were two Pied-billed Grebes in breeding plumage seen past Sanderling
Point heading South.  Also seen were White-rumped Sandpipers, Stilt
Sandpipers and a few juvenile Least Sandpipers, and juvenile Lesser
Yellowlegs.

Over on the North Island, I was able to photograph the American
Oystercatcher chicks that were observed this past Sunday during the
Shorebird festival.  Included below, is a link below to a photo of the
chicks. I am not sure if there are any records of Oystercatchers raising
young on the East Pond, so it would be interesting to know if this new for
the refuge.

Additional links below are to the Caspian Tern and Pectoral Sandpiper that I
noted on Monday over at the East Pond.

Oystercatcher Chicks -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdingdude/3819104000/in/photostream/

Caspian Tern -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdingdude/3819104006/in/photostream/

Pectoral Sandpiper -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdingdude/3819104012/in/photostream/

Good Birding Always!
Andrew Baksh
Queens NY
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

-- 
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Temporary archive:
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--

Reply via email to