The Red-necked Phalarope was still present when I left at 12:30pm. He was very
approachable allowing me to get within five feet! He was foraging as well as
preening on the West shore when I was there. White-rumped sandpipers were the
only other birds worth mentioning at the North end. I could not find a
Baird's. When I traveled to the South end there was 1 Pectoral, 2 Stilt, 2
Western, and 1 Spotted sandpiper. Green and Blue-winged teal were also present
on the pond. A walk around the West pond did not turn up a Marbled Godwit
but had 9 Northern shovelers, Short-billed dowitchers, anotherWestern
sandpiper, and a Northern Harrier instead.
Vinny Pellegrino
www.flickr.com/pellegrinov
East Northport, NY
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've
imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
Temporary archive:
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--