Hi
I am not really a "shorebirder" and with my binoculars recently been stolen 
 (a nice pair) I was unable to ID many shore birds seen in Orange County 
the past  few days. Therefore this email is for anyone who may want to go 
check them out  and ID them.
 
Yesterday, I had at least 35 birds on the sod farms.  Several small  flocks 
of "peeps", Killdeer, but then there were others, larger that I could not  
ID. I only had my camera (400mm) to view these birds at a distance (quite  
difficult)
 
So if anyone wants to check them out, bring a scope and or  Binoculars.
 
I87 north to exit 16 (Woodbury Commons) take 17 North towards  Binghamton
>From Rt.17 towards Binghamton get off at exit 124. Take the Pulaski highway 
 south going towards Pine Island.  Look for SKINNERS LANE on the  right.  
Turn onto skinners lane and drive past the small creek to the sod  farms.  
Scan all the sod farms, but the most productive one (with the  larger 
shorebirds) was the last sod farm on the left.  There are some muddy  pools in 
the 
center of this area where numerous shorebirds were seen.
 
Another good spot for shorebirds while up there.
Get back onto County Road 6 North, (a left turn out of Skinners Lane)
Follow the road for about 2.5 miles and make a left on Cross Road. (this  
will be almost at the crest of a hill)
Take Cross road to the T intersection then turn left.  Go about 1 mile  
till you see Celery Lane. Turn Left onto Celery Lane and start scanning all the 
 Sod Fields. I had an Upland Sandpiper here about 2 weeks ago, but forgot 
to  report it.  That bird was visible for me..
 
 
 
Good luck if you go and please let me know what species they are.
 
James
 
 

-- 
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Temporary archive:
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--

Reply via email to