Dear Fellow Birders,
Having just returned from 10 days away and leaving again in the A.M. I was
in the midst of catching up with any bills that I had to get paid. One was for
my subscription to BIRDERS WORLD. I am receipt of a statement saying that I
could continue my subscription at the "lowest available price" and with great
convenience by sending in 1/2 of the cost this month and the rest in a second
payment next month. The "check or money order" was to be made payable to
SUBSCRIPTION BILLING, LLC, PO Box 6, Tarrytown, NY 10591-0006. They
even gave me a tollfree number to call - - - - 1-888-454-1998.
The fact that I have had my subscription for some time and that in the past
I had always dealt with the publisher, KALMBACH PUBLISHING of Waukesha, WI.,
made me suspicious so I called Kalmbach and guess what? The solicitor is a
FRAUD!
Please keep it in mind because the publisher has no idea just how they got
hold of a list of subscribers but this is an ongoing problem being
investigated, according to Kalmbach, by the States Attorney General.
You have been warned!
Best wishes and GOOD BIRDING,
Ken
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
Temporary archive:
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--