Caught up on some birding the last 2 days. Sunday I spent 2.5 hours at Plumb 
Beach (6:45 -9:15). Only real highlights were an imm. American Golden Plover 
and an early Horned Grebe.

With the NW winds overnight Sunday into Monday I was anticipating a good 
passerine flight and I was not disappointed. I spent the first half of the day 
in Prospect Park and totaled 20 warbler species, 19 of which were seen at LP 
249 and the Upper Meadow of Lookout. Highlights: Hooded, Tennessee, Wilson's, 
Blackburnian, Nashville. Most well-represented species were Parula, Redstart , 
Black and White, and Yellowthroat.

Also had an Olive-sided Flycatcher on a dead snag over West Island.  

Later in the day there were 2 American Golden Plovers (1 adult, 1 imm.) at the 
north end of the East pond at JBWR. Also continuing are the 2 American Avocets. 
16 Stilt Sandpipers and 6 Long-billed Dowitchers in one flock round out the 
highlights.

I've put up a few photos of the Golden Plovers and LB Dowitchers on my Picasa 
page here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/aplomadoperegrine/Summer200903?feat=directlink

Please don't expect quality :-0.

See you afield,
Shane Blodgett 
Brooklyn NY

-- 
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Temporary archive:
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--

Reply via email to