Here are a few brief notes on some birds I saw yesterday:

Point Breeze - 

Drake BARROW'S GOLDENEYE - in fairly close on the lake just east of the private 
property next to the park. 
1 Common Loon on the west side of the sea wall.
1 RED-THROATED LOON - just east of the break wall at the end of the channel.

also present were plenty of Common Goldeneye and Red-breasted Mergansers, plus 
several Horned Grebes and Lesser Scaup


Lakeside Beach SP - 

Red-breasted Mergansers
Horned Grebes
Bufflehead
Lesser Scaup
a flyby Belted Kingfisher
small flock of Snow Buntings.


Shadigee - 

2 Common Loons
more Red-breasted Mergs
more Horned Grebes
flock of both Greater and Lesser Scaup
1 LONG-TAILED DUCK

I took some photos of a GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE that I found with some 
Tundra Swans and Canada Geese on a pond at the corner of Waterport Rd (CR 279) 
and Roosevelt Highway (SR 18).  When I got home and looked at the pictures, I 
realized there were actually 6 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE there.  I don't know 
how I missed seeing them.


One final note - 2 of the EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVES on Curtis Rd were sitting on 
the wires near the 5th telephone pole east of Rt 259 in Hilton, Monroe County 
when I passed by around 3 PM.


Mickey



Mickey Scilingo
North Syracuse
Onondaga County, NY
[email protected]
607-280-2638
-- 

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Archives:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to