Hi all,

With the helpful responses I got before my trip from Jim Pawlicki and Chris
Tessaglia-Hymes, I had an amazing time in Buffalo. At the Niagara River and
Falls on Friday, I had 11 species of gulls, including the previously
reported California at Whirlpool-Jim later had it at Goat Island. Iceland,
Glaucous, Thayers, Black-headed, and Little were all lifers as well. Also
had my lifer American Tree Sparrow (at my grandmother's feeder), Snow
Bunting (flushed on side of road) ,Lapland Longspur (in a random field), and
Northern Shrike (seen from road on the way up, somewhere after entering NY).
Surprisingly, it was the AT Sparrow that gave me a hard time; finally got it
on Saturday after lots of searching. Other interesting birds were a LT Duck,
2 C. Goldeneyes, and some Black Scoters on the river above the falls.

Thanks!

Ali Iyoob

Raleigh, NC


-- 

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Archives:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to