I also made an attempt on the Mew today, and also turned up empty. I went to
Gravesend around 10-1130 testing out the high tide theory. I missed the
Purple Sandpipers but got the Common Goldeneye (and maybe saw a small flock
in the distance), a lone Bonaparte's Gull, a lone Greater Scaup and a couple
other lone birds.

Good birding,

Jason Pietrzak
Bayville, NY

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:30 PM, icterus <[email protected]> wrote:

>  5 Jan
>
> Joe Giunta, Sam Jannazzo, Debbie Martin and I (SY Schiff) went looking for
> the Mew Gull without success.  Our consolation birds wwere Purple Sandpipers
> on the rocks and Common Goldeneye on the water.
>
> Moving toward home, we stopped at the entrance to Kingsboro Community
> College for the Monk Parakeets and then moved on to Spring Creek. There we
> saw  Cooper's and Red-tailed Hawks plus 2 circling Killder. On the side
> opposite the shopping center and outlet of the waste treatment plant (which
> keeps the water open) we saw a good  variety of ducks including several
> Canvasbacks, a Kingfisher and a Black-crowned Night-Heron
>
> Cold, but good birding,        SY
>

-- 

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Archives:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to