Last week I stayed at the Switzer Ranch near Bewell NE and they showed me 
displaying Greater Prairie Chickens and Sharp-tailed Grouse. Good looks many 
other times as well. Not far from the ranch I saw 5 Garganey then a pair of 
Garganey near the Loup county line with Rock county. NE has only two state 
records for Garganey but nobody seemed to care. I will continue to try to get 
these birds documented. Stopped by the Platte River and saw well over 10,000 
Sandhill Cranes in less than an hour driving around corn and grain fields while 
looking for the Whooping Cranes. There were reports of 3/5 Whoopers in the area 
plus reports of 66 or so Whoopers in Kansas. I did not see any Whoopers at this 
time. Dern.

The ranch also had displaying turkeys and many others in the area. The ranch 
also had mule and white tail deer and eagles, killdeer and many other birds. 
Nearby I saw about 200 White Pelicans and many waterfowl species. Lots of guys 
were fishing too.

Jerry Lazarczyk
Grand Island NY

____________________________________________________________
Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
Sign up to the #1 voted penny stock newsletter for free today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bb79f05d84fcbecf9st01duc

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to