There was a Kentucky Warbler in Doodletown this morning. I found the bird a 
hundred yards or so up Pleasant Valley Rd. from its start at the T intersection 
with Doodletown Rd. I heard it singing as soon as I made the left turn onto 
Pleasant Valley Rd. and saw it on both sides of the road. Around noon, I heard 
it singing fairly deep into the brush on the east side of the road. 

Other highlights included three Pileated Woodpeckers at Herbert Cemetery. I was 
within a hundred feet of the three and had prolonged, unobstructed looks. They 
seemed oblivious to my presence. There was a male and female and, I believe, a 
juvenile. 

There was also at one and perhaps two Worm-eating Warblers on Lemon Rd. up the 
hill from the reservoir. I have had them many times further up on Pleasant 
Valley Rd., but not in that area.

If you are unfamiliar with the place names that I've mentioned there are now 
maps at various locations in Doodletown showing the locations of different 
roads, house foundations, etc.

With the regular Doodletown breeders as well, I had a great morning of birding.

Jeff Ritter
Little Neck, NY


______________________________________________________________________
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information that is the property 
of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any 
retention, disclosure, reproduction or distribution of the contents of this 
e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or 
pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. No warranty is given by NYSIF that 
this e-mail is free of viruses, interception or interference. NYSIF disclaims 
liability for any unauthorized opinion, representation, statement, offer or 
contract made by the sender on behalf of NYSIF. NYSIF's delegation of 
authorities, setting out who may make representations or contract on behalf of 
NYSIF, is available by contacting NYSIF at [email protected]. Jurisdiction for 
all actions arising out of dealings with NYSIF shall lie only in a court of 
competent jurisdiction of the State of New York.

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to