Late this afternoon and early evening I had 3 Wilson's Phalaropes on the E.
Pond at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. One at the N. end and two together
half-way down the west side of the pond. Although there were many shorebirds
past that point I had to turn back because, despite knee high boots, it got
quite muddy. The first phalarope was still present at the N. end on my way
out. 

By the time I got the the W. Pond, at about 6:00 PM, the previously reported
Marbled Godwits has left (they were seen flying out earlier). And I couldn't
find the Avocet.

I spent the morning at Breezy Point where there were hundreds of Sanderlings
and Semipalmated Plovers on the beach, forming a line as far as the eye
could see. There must have been at least 2,000 Sanderlings and a 1,000
Semipalmated Sandpipers.

Peter Post
New York City



--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to