Betsy and I looked from 7:50 to 9:35 a.m. this morning but did not see the BBWD. To give an idea of how difficult this duck can be to see, this now makes 7 and ¾ hours that I have looked for the bird and I have only seen it once for two or three minutes and that was after sunset! I thought we would have a better chance today because it was our first attempt in the morning, but no.
I encourage others to continue to post to the lists on whether or not they see the bird. I for one, would still like a better look and many have yet to see it. DIRECTIONS: The BBWD was on NY 77, in a roadside marsh about 200 yards northwest of the Cayuga Pool Overlook (Iroquois NWR). NY 77 is a north-south highway that travels NW in the area of the refuge. Thus, the reason for the sometimes confusing directions. In any case, if you are heading north on Rt 77, Iroquois NWR and Cayuga Pool overlook are on your right and Tonawanda WMA is on your left. Note that there is an exit for Rt 77 from the NYS Thruway. The duck was on the Tonawanda WMA side of the road and likes to stay hidden in the cattails. Good birding and stay safe out there. The trucks really move through the area. Willie ---------------- Willie D'Anna Betsy Potter Wilson, NY dannapotterATroadrunner.com http://www.betsypottersart.com -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html 3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
