Dave Tetlow's record of (9) Ross's Geese has been added to the list

Historical High Record Counts in New York State:

Greater White-fronted Goose:
        - 13 Braddock Bay , Monroe County,  6-13 March 1980 Bull’s Birds of  NYS
        - 12 Orange County Black Dirt Region,  4 March 2011 JH, RS
        - 11 Miller Place, Suffolk County 5 April 1883 Bull’s Birds of NYS
        - 9 Iroquois NWR 28 November 2010 JM Sub ebird

Ross’s Goose:
        - 9 MNWR,  24 October 2008   TJ  record ebird   
        - 5 MNWR   18 November 2006 TJ record Kingbird 
        - 9 West Sparta, Livingston County 5 December 2010 DT record ebird
        - 5 Orange County 6 March 2011 TB, JH, RS ,CM, many obs. Sub ebird 

Ross’s Goose (blue morph):
        - 1 Hudson River, Town of Ft. Edward 30 March 1997 WGE.   Accepted 
NYSARC
        - 1 Orange County 5-6 March 2011 CM, JH, TB, RS KM many obs.  Sub ebird

Greater White-fronted Goose - I had several references from people referring to 
13 birds at Montezuma somewhere between 2-4 years ago, but I could find no data 
to support this.  Ebird’s highest count is 9 (as noted above) and I could find 
no NYSARC report, but it is no longer a review species.  Kingbird had no 
reference to this sighting.

Ross’s Goose - the above records were all I could find on high counts.  The Bar 
graph in ebird shows two records of 9 birds, one in early October (above) and 
one in early December which I could find no record of in any of my resources.  
It may be possible that since the total was the same, the “high count” records 
may only show the first one recorded.  All other records I found of Ross’s 
Goose included a few of two birds, one of three birds and  all others of one 
bird.

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to