Following Dick Rosche's report yesterday of a Surf Scoter at the Batavia Waste 
Water Treatment Plant (his first ever in Genesee county), I was there before 
8AM and the gates were open. The hen Surf Scoter was in the 3rd pond next to 
the RR tracks as you come out of the tunnel. I had just scoped the pond with no 
joy and when I looked up again it was there plain as day preening (my first in 
Genesee county-thank you Dick Rosche). As I compared the bird with Sibley's 
field marks it just as suddenly disappeared. Doug Beattie showed up and we 
separately continued the search to no avail. A short while later a Horned Grebe 
appeared on the backside of the same pond from the RR side. The next pond next 
to the RR tracks had an Eared Grebe. Plenty of variety (32 species) and many 
Ruddy Ducks in and around the ponds. Jerry LazarczykGrand Island NY
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to