On Saturday morning (4/30), at about 0715, at the Rocky Point D/E/C Property, 
Tom Moran and I had the above, first on the ground in a path about 100' ahead, 
and then, after it sensed us, as it flew away. Since 5/14/79 ( at "Warbler 
Woods", Yaphank, Suffolk Co.- one of the" hot-spots" of it's day), this is only 
the 8th time I've seen this specie on L.I. The last time being on 5/5/09 in 
Calverton, near the radar station opposite the Grumman Grasslands. Other FOS 
birds for us at the R/P/D/E/C/ P included Blue-winged Warbler, and Baltimore & 
Orchard Orioles.
At The Nature Conservancy Property on Sound Rd. in Wading River (the old Kemp 
Estate) we picked up FOS Yellow Warbler & Common Yellowthroat.
On the way home, I also had a FOS Lesser Yellowlegs at the farm pond on the s/s 
of Sound Ave in Baiting Hollow.
Cheers, Bob                                       
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to