Arelen Borko, Lance Verderame and I were out early this morning, but birding 
was somewhat slower at the Bashakill.  The number of birds was down from the 
last two days, but diversity was good.  I personally had 16 species of Warbler 
including two new for the year and know that at least two species were seen 
that I missed.  A first year male Orchard Oriole put on a great show, bursting 
out in song, in the Apple trees in the Orchard off Haven road.  Most of the 
expected species were seen, but still no cuckoos or tanagers (at least not for 
me or my group).  Flycatchers were restricted to half the expected species as 
well.  Thanks to Curt McDermott and Rob Stone for finding a nice male 
BAY-BREASTED WARBLER at the Pine Boat Launch.  A male HOODED WARBLER was also 
new, thanks to the young birders group who found that bird.  There is still 
plenty more to come.  John Haas

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to