While spending the day with my family at Fair Haven Beach State Park on Lake 
Ontario in Cayuga County, I had the good fortune of spotting a WILLET flying 
with a group of Ring-billed Gulls that had just been flushed off the swimming 
beach at around 6:30.   The group of birds flew around over the water for a few 
minutes before settling back down on the beach.  Unfortunately, a group of 
small children were chasing the gulls around, causing them to flush repeatedly, 
and sometime during the ensuing confusion, the Willet disappeared.

As we were leaving just before 8 PM, the WILLET was back on the beach foraging 
near the waters edge.  This time I was able to see that it was an immature 
plumaged bird.  I did snap a few photos of it through my binoculars, but they 
came out worse than I expected.  The Willet was still at the water's edge when 
we left.




Mickey Scilingo
Constantia
Oswego County, NY
[email protected]
315-679-6299
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to