I had some good quality time in the field today with some nice results.  
These are the highlights from multiple stops within 3 locations:
 
Jones Beach West End: On the Sandbar were 2 Gull-billed Terns (Perhaps the  
same 2 that were recently harassing the Terns over at Nickerson Beach)  and 
18 Short-billed Dowitcher. A Green-winged Teal seemed a bit out of  place. 
A 2nd summer Lesser Black-Backed Gull was in the Parking Lot.
 
Robert Moses SP: A rather late Sea-Watch from Field 2 (10-45-11:15) was  
much better than I expected. I immediately picked up a Cory's Shearwater very  
close in as soon as I lifted the Binocs.....With the Scope, up to at least 
30  Cory's were way out in the haze, identified by their "lazy" flight 
style,  but I wouldn't rule out other Shearwater Sp. further out that could be  
identified with better conditions. A Wilson's Storm-Petrel was moving West,  
and a Royal Tern with its catch was chased by a Laughing Gull - also moving  
West.
 
Calverton (former Grumman Property): 14 Eastern Meadowlark were all around  
the runways at the North Entrance. At least 8 Grasshopper Sparrows were 
mainly  seen and heard at the South End near Line Rd. I only detected 5 Eastern 
 Bluebirds, but there were probably many more of all 3 species.  Also seen 
there were good numbers of E. Kingbird and Chipping Sparrows; more  singing 
birds included RE Vireo, House Wren, Indigo Bunting and Field  Sparrow. 
 
Bobby Berlingeri
Elmont, NY 
 
 
 
 
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to