This morning at 10 am I found a juvenile WHITE IBIS at the Bashakill. I made several calls as the bird was flying around the marsh a lot and settled in several spots over the next hour and a half. I good some poor shots that at least identify the bird. I finally reached Arlene Borko 45 minutes later and she came over and had great looks at the bird as it passed over Haven Road several times. We viewed the bird off and on until 11:30 am when the bird finally settled into the marsh about one and a half miles west of Haven Road. Though we watched for some time, we didn't ever see it come up again. The Bashakill is extremely overgrown at this time of year and spotting the bird when not in flight will not be likely. Several of us will be looking again this afternoon and I will post whether or not it is found. This is needless to say a first record for Sullivan County. A few poor shots of the bird are on my blog at https://bashakillbirder.wordpress.com John Haas
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
