Hello Everyone,       A cool northeasterly wind greeted me this early
morning at Cupsogue flats. There was a single Marbled Godwit way out on the
long bar that starts just inside Moriches Inlet. I then looked east to a
surprisingly empty bay front. I had'nt yet seen the 3 Whimbrel walking along
the rise there within the shadows of the sea grass. They soon took flight
swinging closer to the ocean dune line heading west towards Robert Moses
S.P. The next open view of the flats revealed the 12 other Marbled Godwits
of the flock we had seen 2 days past. Far out on the big flat I counted 7
juvenile Black Skimmers. The Red Knots,[20+] continue they're extended stay
but I did not come up with any Black Terns today. I did have a total of 4
Stilt Sandpipers feeding alongside the Marbled Godwits and Western
Willets,[5]. Good September Birding to all,        Carl Starace


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to