As noted by lloyd and Andrew, Joan Quinlan found a Say's Phoebe at Robert Moses 
SP, near the western end of Fire Island, Suffolk County, Long Island.

I had seen Joan there, shortly before she found it, but for various reasons I 
didn't learn about it until quite a bit later.

Needless to say, I headed over immediately upon getting the word from Patricia 
Lindsay and re-found the bird at 11:40. At that time, it was frequenting the 
dunes south of the concrete walkway linking the southwestern corner of parking 
field 2 to the golf course clubhouse. From here, it moved eastward along the 
fences lining the afore-mentioned walkway, then settled into the picnic area 
immediately west of the parking field. Because my cell battery was dead (see 
above, under "various reasons"), I retreated to my car to plug in my phone and 
make a few calls. By the time I returned to search for the bird (by now with 
Patricia Lindsay), we could not find it before we both had to leave.

Some photos can be seen at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109808209543611018404/LongIslandFall2011

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore


________________________________

Change is in the Air - Smoking in Designated Areas Only in 
effect.<http://www.csi.cuny.edu/tobaccofree>
Tobacco-Free Campus as of July 1, 2012.

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to