While I on the road today I made a few quick stops. Many ducks on the upper 
 Niagara River, the vast majority being Canvasbacks.
 
Squaw Island 10:30 am 
 
1 Canada Goose
4 Mallards
11 Common Mergansers
1 Peregrine Falcon - eating what appeared to be a small gull. No  
Boneparte's or other small gulls were in the vicinity
221 Ring-billed Gulls
2 Herring Gulls
1 American Crow - I am assuming it was an American Crow, however you can't  
be too sure these days
 
Beaver Island State Park 1:15 pm
 
100+ Canada Geese (possibly 2 of which were Cackling Geese)
 
4 Mallard

300+ Canvasback
100+ Greater Scaup
50+ Common Mergansers (including a drake terribly wound up in fishing  line)
20+ Red-breasted Mergansers
20+ Common Goldeneye
20+ Bufflehead
20+ Redhead
1 Great Blue Heron
8 Ring-billed Gulls
1 Belted Kingfisher
1 Downy Woodpecker
7 Black-capped Chickadees
1 White-breasted Nuthatch
200+ European Starlings
1 Northern Cardinal
1 American Goldfinch
 
Buckhorn Island State 2:00 pm
 
8 Tundra Swans (seen from Buffalo Ave in Niagara Falls)
 
Upper Niagara River (near Grand Island Bridges) 2:00 pm
 
Probably 2500 ducks in view - a mix of the species mentioned above with the 
 vast majority being Canvasbacks
 
Goat Island State Park 4:15 pm (I probably could have come up with a few  
more birds - but I got side-tracked feeding the Chickadees and was pretty  
focused on the gulls)
 
40+ Canada Geese
3 Mallards
2 Common Goldeneye
3 Common Mergansers
1 Red-breasted Mergansers
500+ Ring-billed Gulls
50 Herring Gulls
5 Lesser Black-backed Gulls
4 Great Black-backed Gulls
9 Black-capped Chickadees
2 White-breasted Nuthatches
 
Joe Fell
Buffalo, NY
 
 
 

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to