Hi all, It is great idea to post videos of bad behaviors of birders/photographers :) I would love to take videos of bad behaviors of birders too, especially when playback is involved too. (I am being sarcastic here). How about when 60 people show up in someone's yard to see that rare bird? Does ABA code has anything about it? At this point it seems it is appropriate behavior for most birders.
I agree with this part Matt Bango's e-mail. I think that it is a bit unfair to single out photographers as problem individuals when both birders and other individuals in the field for other reasons are equally as problematic. If any of the photographers identified earlier are reading this thread - simply bird (and photograph) ethically and these issues won't come about. Enjoy birds and let them enjoy their life too. Meena 12. Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point 13. Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point 14. Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point 15. Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point 16. Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point 17. California Gull, 5,700 Snow Geese in Niagara/Orleans Co - 5 Feb 18. Montauk- Lark Sparrow 19. Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: Re: Photographer problem at Breezy Point From: Matt Bango <[email protected]> Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 22:19:09 -0500 X-Message-Number: 15 I think that it is a bit unfair to single out photographers as problem individuals when both birders and other individuals in the field for other reasons are equally as problematic. If any of the photographers identified earlier are reading this thread - simply bird (and photograph) ethically and these issues won't come about. Also, thank you to the original poster of the Breezy Point owls as it was one of my most memorable sightings as a birder in NYC. Best, Matt -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
